Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I have enjoyed time with family and friends and have really been finding that is what life is all about. I have decided that rather than competing with the Jones', I should drink coffee and play cards with them! That is more rewarding than all the stuff I can buy.

In the near future, I am hoping to interview some local business people. I have had some positive feedback from local shop owners. They are going to answer my questions that, hopefully, you would like to know answers to as well. Feel free to send me any comments or questions for local shop owners.

So, what is going on in Terre Haute? If you have seen my past blogs you know a bunch of websites to look on your own. If you haven't been online due to the holidays, but still want to have some ideas for the up coming weeks, I will list a few things to do.

I recommend driving thru Deming Park to checkout the lights. I want to remind you this takes a few minutes because everyone else in the park is looking at the lights, so drive carefully, be considerate and patient. Don't go if you are in a hurry. It should be done as a nice relaxing and leisurely ride. I believe tonight is the last night!

For a list of New Years events goto this community calendar page: http://www.mywabashvalley.biz/events.amp
Terre Haute After 5:00 December Dinner Event at St. Mary of the Woods on December 27th.

Tryouts for "Meet Me in St. Louis" at the Community Theater. January 2 & 3, 2012.  http://www.ctth.org/pages/meet.htm
Children's Theater of Terre Haute, "World of Dance" January 6 & 7, 2012
Rose-Hulman Performing Arts Series Hatfield Hall, "Moscow Festival Ballet:  Cinderella"
Lots of music at ISU, starting back up in January on the 10th.
The Swope has "Walter Pach and His American Colleagues" thru January 7th and "New Acquisitions" thru February 25th. http://www.swope.org/
Evening of Art and Wine at the Landing. Tuesday December 27th at 6pm. Call for information. 812-460-4000
Also at the Landing:
   December 31st, 2011: Black & White Soiree New Years Charity Ball, 
   January 17th, 2012: Pauly Shore!                                                                  
Wabash Valley Harley-Davidson Polar Bear Run.

Again, I would like to reminder everyone this time of year we should remember our family and friends are the most important things in our lives.

GET OUT THERE TERRE HAUTE

No comments:

Post a Comment