Thursday, April 12, 2012

On the Line Productions

WOW! First I have to say, "I am sorry." It has been weeks since I have blogged. I was waiting for a local business owner to respond, she didn't so I didn't have a post ready. Next thing I know I had missed a few weeks. SORRY. I guess I now know not to put all my eggs in one basket.

I am writing about a local business that I have just learned about, On the Line Productions. This business is a local theatrical company. I didn't know Terre Haute had one of those and I am guessing you didn't either. Now we can both learn a little more about it.


What is On The Line Productions?
The following is sort of our mission statement that we include in every program... On The Line Productions is an up and coming theatrical production company dedicated to bringing positve theatre experiences and productions to the Terre Haute community. With On The Line Productions, we strive to uplift and at times educate a broad audience. Bedouin Players is our subsidiary theatrical troupe that offers workshops and production opportunities to the youth.

How long have you been in business?
We were certified as a non profit group in Indiana last spring.

What are you presently working on?
When and where is it playing?
Presently working on The Miracle Worker by William Gibson, to be performed at Harmony Hall May 4, 5 and 6th at Harmony Hall in Terre Haute. Harmony Hall is located at 1257 Lafayette Avenue. Performances on Friday and Saturday both begin at 7:30 pm with a Sunday matinee begining at 2:30 pm. As we are partnered with The Will Center, a not for profit organization that assists those with disabilites in Indiana, we will feature a guest speaker, Pete Ciancone, executive director of the Will center after the matinee performance

Have you done any other shows?
This is the third mainstage performance for our group. Our first was Diary of Anne Frank. For this production we partnered with CANDLES Holocaust Museum and made a charitable donation. Next we did Neil Simon's Prisoner of Second Avenue. We also did a Bedouin Players workshop for children in which we performed an original children's play that I wrote called The Clown.

If anyone has a question about your business, how can they contact you? (ie. Phone, Facebook, Website or email)
We can be contacted several ways. We have a Facebook Group as well as a website... www.onthelineproductions.com you can also call 812-223-3297 or email at onthelineproductions@juno.com

What should people who have never heard of your business know about it?
People should know that we are always looking for new volunteers... no previous experience required. We are also looking for original works and people who are interested in directing.


Are you hoping or planning on business growth in the future?
We hope to expand into our own building as a part of the family business... Harvest Bakery. Harvest Bakery can also be found on Facebook.

Do you employee any other people besides yourself?
We would like to, after time and growth, have a small part time staff

This is such a different business and we are lucky to have it right here in Terre Haute. I am excited to go see The Miracle Worker. I know I am going to keep an eye on this business and hope to see some great work coming from them. I also, feel I should let you know the owners were in the last Community Theatre musical, "Meet Me in St. Louis". They also helped with lighting for last musical at the Children's Theatre of Terre Haute. My wife and I really enjoyed that. Flat Stanley was a fun show.

I hope you keep them in mind when you are looking for something to do with your family or friends in the future.

GET OUT THERE TERRE HAUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment