Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome to Summer

Wow, so much to do in Terre Haute. I am sorry I have missed the whole month of May with no blogs. I have been busy with biking the trail, kayaking at Hawthorn Park, gardening, weddings, the Community Theatre, graduations and so much more.

I went to a yoga class at in Yoga last night. It was great. I am no yoga expert, but I really enjoy the stretch and relaxation of a good yoga class. Patti did a great job reminding me that it was OK if I didn't get in the exact correct position for a pose. The important part of yoga is to get a good (not painful) stretch and to relax the mind. That is what yoga is for me. I don't want to get into any arguments about what you are supposed to get out of your yoga class.

In Yoga has been in a few locations, under a couple of names. I am sure they will find the proper location with the best name to fit in here in Terre Haute. They have six different classes, so I am almost sure they have one to fit your yoga needs.

This Saturday, June 9th, is the 30th Annual Fishing Rodeo at Dobbs Park. That's right, the 30th annual! I can't believe it myself. As you can see on the webpage that is linked above, there is something almost every week or two at Dobbs Park. There is a facebook page, but it isn't offical or ran by the park. Actually, I think there are two or three pages. Only the one I have linked has any activity. I really think Dobbs is beautiful park and it is under appreciated by many. It's not the biggest park, but it has a ton to offer. The park Naturalist, Carissa does a great job. They have a Nature center with a wildlife viewing area and even junior naturalist program. Also, Dobbs Park is home to a Native American Museum.

Something else that is coming up is the Arts Illiana Summer Exhibition. The opening will be on June 22nd from 6 to 9. Arts Illiana is located on 6th street, between Cherry street and Wabash Avenue. There openings are always a blast with good art, nice music and fun people. I hope to see you there.

If you are looking for something a little different to do that is fun and supports your community, why not "Tag the tagger"?  S.P.P.R.A.K., which stands for Special People Performing Random Acts of Kindness, is working to cover some of the graffiti in town and also hopes to work with local artist to do some murals.They are also on facebook.

For a list of more things to do and information about these things, go to the Downtown calendar.

Get out there Terre Haute!

I want to remind you that there are many links to websites and facebook pages in this blog. If they don't show up as a different color, then move your cursor back and forth on each line to highlight and then click on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment